Joan Osborne will play at the Ross School’s benefit in East Hampton tonight, as will one of our local favorite’s, the fantastic GE Smith.
A few clouds certainly aren’t going to slow us down today. There’s certainly no lack of things to do, so let’s get right to it!
* Eileen Duffy and select winemakers will talk about her book, “Behind the Bottle: The Rise of Wine on Long Island” at the Parrish Art Museum in Water Mill at 2 p.m. today. www.parrishart.org
* Today will be a FUN (and free!) Family Day at LongHouse Reserve in East Hampton. From 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Bring the kids for guided tours on the half-hour, a treasure hunt, performances by East End students and more. www.longhouse.org
* Bridge Gardens in Bridgehampton is also now open. Two events are slated for today: Building Your Soil, From Compost to Fertilizer with Paul Wagner of Treewise Organics and Watercolor Classes with artist/educator Lois Bender. Check the site for times and additional information. https://www.peconiclandtrust.org/bridge_gardens.html
* The inaugural 2015 Music for Montauk series kicks off today with a spring concert at the Montauk School at 4 p.m. featuring music for strings, voice and piano. The show will be followed by a reception at Gosman’s. www.musicformontauk.org Click here to read the feature I wrote about this series for the Sag Harbor Express. http://sagharboronline.com/sagharborexpress/arts/a-daughter-of-montauk-comes-home-for-music-37543
* Dockers Waterside in East Quogue will host its big Season Kickoff Party (it’s always a BASH!) from 5 to 7 p.m. with music by Souled Out. www.dockerswaterside.com
* The White Room Gallery in Bridgehampton will hold a “Grand Gallery Opening” reception from 6 to 8 p.m. with music by Mama Lee & Friends and artwork by Eric Ernst, Jim Gingerich, Sally Breen, and more. https://www.facebook.com/TheWhiteRoomContemporaryGallery
* Ross School’s annual “Club Starlight” is happening tonight at 6:30 p.m.! The talent at this rock-and-roll event, which will be held at the Upper School in East Hampton, will include Joan Osborne, GE Smith and more. www.ross.org
* Citizens for Access Rights is holding its annual fundraiser at 7 p.m. at the Stephen Talkhouse in Amagansett, with live music by Mashup. www.citizensforaccessrights.com
* Bay Street Theatre in Sag Harbor will screen a shortened live version of Verdi’s “La Traviata” at 8 p.m. www.baystreet.org
* The Southampton Animal Shelter’s benefit art show, “A Magic Menagerie,” will open with a reception tonight at the RJD Fine Arts Gallery in Sag Harbor from 6 to 8 p.m. http://www.rjdgallery.com | www.southamptonanimalshelter.com