“To Kill A Mockingbird” is staging now at Bay Street Theater in Sag Harbor. Photo by Lenny Stucker, courtesy Bay Street
Who says that fall in the Hamptons is a slow time? Not me, that’s for sure. Those looking for fantastic things to do need look no further than this week’s Hot Picks in order to fill their calendars.
* “To Kill A Mockingbird” is now staging at Bay Street Theater in Sag Harbor as part of the Literature Live series. The cast includes lots and lots of talented folks, many of whom are locals, including: Chloë Dirksen, Cooki Winborn, Jemma Kosanke, Carolyn Popp, Rob DiSario, William Sturek, Jessica Mortellaro, Joe Pallister, Hudson Troy, Thomas Schiavoni, Scott Eck, Chauncy Thomas and Al Bundonis. I saw a previous version (last year? 2 years ago?) and it was incredible! www.baystreet.org
* “Hamlet” opens tomorrow night, Friday, November 7, at Guild Hall in East Hampton. The show, staged in collaboration with the Round Table Theatre Company, will stage through Sunday, November 23. Directed by Morgan Vaughan, the show is loaded with local talent, including: Jeff Keogh, Tristan Vaughan, Josh Gladstone, John Tramontana, Dianne B, Peter Connolly, Sawyer Avery, Evan Daves, Michael Bartoli and Fabrienne Bottero. Gotta mention also that Brian Leaver is doing sets, Yuka Silvera costumes and Sebastian Paczynski has got the lights. www.guildhall.org | www.theatermania.com.
* This weekend the Parrish Art Museum celebrates its second anniversary in Water Mill with a few cool events. On Friday at 6 p.m. and again on Saturday from 1 to 4 p.m., the Stephen Petronio Company will perform “Into the Maze” around Alan Shields’ monumental installation. On Sunday there will be a family-oriented Community Scrollathon art creation event. Learn more about the weekend doings at www.parrishart.org.
* Also on Friday, Elements Fitness Studio in East Hampton will team up with BLOW Hampton to offer a Blowout Bar beauty and fitness event at 5:45 p.m. Read all about it at www.elementsfitnessstudio.com.
* On Saturday, the East Hampton Library will offer a Jump Start to Healthier You Wellness Seminar with Zoe Baxter. http://www.easthamptonlibrary.org
* Also on Saturday, Dockers in East Quogue will host a benefit for Amy Broadstreet, with proceeds benefitting Amy’s Boys, from 7 to 10 p.m. Reserve tickets at http://www.eventbrite.com/celebrating-amybroadstreet-tickets.
* Duck Walk South in Water Mill will present a Red Wine Lovers night on Saturday from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Reserve a seat at 726-7555, ext. 4.
*Coming up, author Jessica Soffer (one of my absolute FAVES!) will be the featured talent at Almond’s Artists & Writers Night dinner at the restaurant in Bridgehampton on Tuesday, November 11, at 7 p.m. Book your seats now for what’s sure to be an awesome night with the “Tomorrow There Will Be Apricots” writer. http://www.almondrestaurant.com | http://www.jessicasoffer.com
* Reminder, the “Bruce Lieberman: East End” exhibit will remain on view at Gallery North in Setauket through next Friday, November 14. http://www.brucelieberman.com
* And don’t forget that not only are Peconic Bay scallops once again in season–yummy–Long Island Restaurant Week is happening NOW! For a complete list of participating restaurants, visit http://www.longislandrestaurantweek.com.