Oh me oh my, it’s going to be a very, very busy weekend here in the Hamptons.
Though I’m looking forward to some truly amazing events, I’m definitely NOT excited about all the attendant traffic. Oy.
Here are some of the things that have most piqued my interest for today and tomorrow, plus a reminder for what’s to come next weekend.
* The East Hampton Historical Society’s annual Antiques Show kicks off tonight, Friday, July 17, at Mulford Farm, with a preview cocktail party from 6 to 8:30 p.m. for interior designer David Netto, who is this year’s honorary chair. The show continues on Saturday and Sunday, July 18 and 19. Admission to the Antiques Show costs $10, with early buying at $20. Show hours are Saturday, July 18, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., with an early buying hour at 9 a.m. On Sunday the show is open from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m.Tickets for the Friday night Opening Preview Cocktail Party start at $150 per person and include return visits on the weekend. Junior Tickets (ages 40 and under) are priced at $100. www.easthamptonhistory.org
* Dan’s big Taste of Summer Weekend kicks off tonight with GrillHampton, from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. at Sayre Park in Bridgehampton. The event pits eight East End chefs against an equal number of Manhattan chefs in a one-of-a-kind cooking competition and tasting event. Hosted by Restaurant Impossible star Robert Irvine & Judge on Food Network’s Chopped Marc Murphy. General admission tickets are $125. Tomorrow night, it’s Dan’s Taste of Two Forks. Hosted by Katie Lee of the Food Network’s The Kitchen and Michael Symon of The Chew, the tastemaking annual event brings chefs and winemakers from 40 restaurants from the North and South Forks. VIP admission starts at 6:30 p.m. and general admission starts at 7:30 p.m. www.danstasteofsummer.com
* The Westhampton Beach Performing Arts Center’s annual House & Garden Tour returns today, Friday, July 17 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tickets for self-guided event range from $75 to $125. www.whbpac.org
* Comedian Sue Costello brings “I Wasn’t Trying To Be Funny” to Guild Hall in East Hampton tonight. Tickets range from $20 to $60. www.guildhall.org
* On Saturday, LongHouse Reserve in East Hampton will transport event-goers “On Gossamer Wings,” starting at 6 p.m. Always in my top two, this year’s honoree is artist Kiki Smith. Can’t wait!! www.longhouse.org
Video from last year’s benefit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=M60RF8rN8Ng
* At the Parrish Art Museum in Water Mill, be sure to check out cool new the Tara Donovan exhibit. www.parrishart.org
Read more about it here: http://sagharboronline.com/tara-donovan-transforming-the-ordinary/
* For next weekend, if there’s one ticket that tops my list from year to year, it’s gotta be the annual Watermill Center benefit. If you’ve ever been, you know how special this one is. And if you haven’t, then you are sorely missing out. Buy a ticket. You won’t be disappointed. This year’s event, held on Saturday, July 25, will be “Circus of Stillness.” I’ll write more in detail later. In the meantime, visit www.watermillcenter.org