There’s so much to do this weekend that I’m going to have to give you a two-parter. Today, there’s stuff to do tonight and early day and benefits for tomorrow. Check back in the morning for Saturday’s more art events.
* The Parrish Art Museum in Water Mill will screen Marion Cajori’s documentary on Chuck Close tonight at 6 p.m. The screening is in conjunction with the “Chuck Close Photographs” exhibit currently on view. Admission is $10. www.parrishart.org
* Folk-pop luminary and composer Duncan Sheik will perform at Westhampton Beach Performing Arts Center on Friday, June 19 at 8 p.m. Tickets are $55, $60 and $65. Singer-songwriter Jeff LeBlanc will be performing as a an opening act for this performance. www.whbpac.org.
* LongHouse Reserve in East Hampton will host its seventh annual Planters ON + OFF the Ground, with viewing and a rare plant auction starting at 2 p.m. and ribbons awarded by judges Marco Polo Stufano and Preston Phillips at 6 p.m. Container views will be from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Admission is $20. www.longhouse.org
* The 29th Annual ARF Garden Tour will also be held on Saturday. The self-guided tour will be held rain or shine from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the featured gardens of: Katharina Otto-Bernstein and Nathan Bernstein, The Fairwind Garden, Anke and Juergen Friedrich, Ashley and Jeff McDermott, Irene and Bernard Schwartz, Margaret and R. Peter Sullivan. A cocktail party immediately follows at Blue Haven, the home of Lisa and Donald Jackson. Tickets for tour $85, tickets for tour and cocktail party $175. www.arfhamptons.org
* Much Ado About Madoo: A Secret in the Garden will be held at Madoo in Sagaponack on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 7 pm. The day will feature a garden market, talk by Frances Schultz at noon and Once Upon a Time at Madoo kids storytelling program and music from 5 to 7 p.m. Tickets are $25 each or $100 for a family of four. www. madoo.org.
* Shelter Island’s 36th annual 10K/5K Race/Walk will be held on Saturday, June 20, at 5:30 p.m. Touted as one of the country’s most beautiful runs by Runner’s World magazine, this mesmerizing mix of harbor views, world-class athletes and an easygoing island vibe make this pre-sunset race a highlight of the summer season out East. Runners can sign up at shelterislandrun.com.
* The Stony Hill Stables Foundation in Amagansett will host a benefit cocktail party and equestrian performances from 6 to 8 p.m. Lots of fun horse stuff here, including a special Dressage Exhibition performed by Gold Medalist Wick Hotchkiss, Pony Drill Team performances by the impressive young riders of Stony Hill Stables, dressage by Wick Hotchkiss and a hi-octane Barrel Racing finale. www.stonyhillstables.com
* The Thomas Moran Trust benefit cocktail party, for the restoration of the Thomas & Mary Nimmo Moran Studio, will be held In the Artist’s Garden in Springs from 6 to 8 p.m. www.thomasmorantrust.org
* Flamenco Vivo will dance at the Southampton Cultural Center from 6 to 7 p.m. The evening performance of Spanish dance and music is hosted by Dance Fusion at SCC. Tickets are $40 each and $20 for students. www.scc-arts.org
* Bay Street Theater in Sag Harbor hosts A Night to Rock with GE Smith at 8 p.m. Tickets range from $69 to $100. www.baystreet.org
* The Sag Harbor Community Band will play at Rogers Mansion in Southampton from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. Bring your lawn chairs and get ready to sing along to songs from the Great American Song Book. A 375th anniversary birthday cake and ice cream from Sip ‘n Soda, will be served at 5 p.m. www.southamptonhistoricalmuseum.org