Today is not only absolutely gorgeous, it’s also a very good day for those of us who love all things related to home and garden.
* The Springs Seedlings are having a plant sale today, Saturday, May 30, until 1 p.m. at the Springs school. Proceeds will benefit the garden and greenhouse education, sponsored by Project Most. www.projectmost.org
* The Southampton Historical Museum’s sixth annual Southampton House Tour is today from 1 to 4 p.m. This year’s special tour, which will be followed by a champagne reception at Sant Ambroeus from 4:30 to 6 p.m. is all about celebrating the village’s 375th anniversary, with specially selected houses that illustrate Southampton’s unique architectural history, from Colonial days right up to present day. www.southamptonhistoricalmuseum.org
* Today is also the day for the ARF Designer Showhouse, which I always think of as the official kickoff to summer. The fifth annual event will be held at the ARF Thrift & Treasure Shop in Sagaponack from 5 to 8 p.m. This year’s designers include: Brian P. Brady, Jamie Drake, Kevin Hart, Tamara Magel, Mark Schryver and Peri Wolfman. The showhouse sale continues tomorrow, Sunday, May 31, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. www.arfhamptons.org. Learn more about ARF here: http://sagharboronline.com/sagharborexpress/a-conversation-with/jamie-berger-37896
* On the art front, Guild Hall in East Hampton is hosting a Meet the Winners of the 77th Artists Members Exhibition today at 3:30 p.m. www.guildhall.org
* The White Room is Bridgehampton is holding a reception for Nadine Daskaloff and Kat O’Neill from 6 to 8 p.m. The show hangs through June 15. http://www.thewhiteroomgallery.com
* RJD Gallery in Sag Harbor kicks off the “Skin Deep” group exhibit with a reception tonight from 6 to 8 p.m. Participating artists include Johnny Caruso, Drew Ernst, Thomas Wharton & Tracey Harris. Also featuring artwork from Pam Hawkes, Sherry Wolf, and Adrienne Stein. The show hangs through June 21. www.rjdgallery.com Read more about the show here: http://sagharboronline.com/sagharborexpress/arts/richard-j-demato-gallery-shows-a-little-skin-37920
* Lastly, here’s a tiny treat about Katie Lee’s newest cookbook. It’s super cute and filled with delicious recipes. Plus, she’s such a sweet woman. And I love how she keeps it real. http://sagharboronline.com/sagharborexpress/arts/katie-lee-brings-an-endless-summer-into-the-kitchen-37924