I don’t know about you, but with this fantastic forecast, I’m preparing for what might just be a perfect weekend of sunshine and fun. Aside from working on our tans, here are a few other terrific ways to while away the time.
* Bay Street Theater in Sag Harbor will host the legendary G.E. Smith and David Broza tonight, Friday, April 10, for A Night to Rock, starting at 8 p.m. Tomorrow night, Saturday, Bay Street kids off the All Star Comedy Show with host Joseph Vecsey and comedians Mike Brown, Nore Davis and Yannis Pappas at 8 p.m. http://baystreet.org
* The Second Annual Poetry Affair will be held at LTV in Wainscott on Friday, April 10, from 6:30 to 9 p.m. Participating poets include: Rosalind Brenner, Duane Esposito, Dr. Graham Everett, Barbara Reiher-Meyers, Annabelle Moseley, Susan Pilewski, Anthony Policano, Carole Stone, Marlo Susko, Pramila Venkateswaran, George Wallace, Claire Nicolas White, Nina/Nanette Yavel and Pauline Yeats.
* The East Hampton Library will screen Oscar-winner “Whiplash” for free on Saturday at 1 p.m. http://www.easthamptonlibrary.org
* “Robert Dash: Theme and Variations — A Roundtable Discussion” will be held at the Parrish Art Museum in Water Mill on Saturday at 11 .a.m http://www.parrishart.org
* David Slater’s fourth one-man show will open with a reception at the Peter Marcelle Project in Southampton on Saturday from 6 to 8 p.m. www.petermarcelleproject.com
The Shinnecock Nation Cultural Center and Museum in Southampton will celebrate the Power of Wampum with a series of lectures, starting on Sunday, April 12, at 2 p.m. Additional talks will be given on the 19th and 26th. www.shinnecockmuseum.com
And lastly, for my fellow fish taco lovers, Bostwick’s Chowder House in East Hampton has officially reopened for the season. Yummy! www.bostwickschowderhouse.com