Oh how I’m loving April! It’s so nice to see the sun shining again.
Feel like getting out and enjoying this splendid weekend? Here’s a bunch of fun stuff to do.
* On Friday, April 3, the Parrish Art Museum in Water Mill will host a “The Artist’s View: Joe Zucker” talk at 6 p.m. with the artist and Chief Curator Alicia Longwel. The intimate discussion is in support of the “Joe Zucker: Life & Times of an Orb Weaver” exhibition on view through April 26. www.parrishart.org
* For more local art, check out “Duo Tuo” by Jerry Schwabe and Kirsten Enfield at Ashawagh Hall in the Springs this weekend. An opening reception will be held on Saturday, April 4. from 4 to 8 p.m. The show will hang on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. http://www.jerryschwabe.com
* Also check out the newest Southampton Artists Association exhibit at the Southampton Cultural Center, which opens with a reception on Saturday, April 4, from 4 to 6 p.m. http://www.southamptonartists.org
* Hold on to your hats! The 20th annual Easter Bonnet Parade will be held on Saturday at 1 p.m. in Sag Harbor. The walk starts at Muse, then travels down Main Street to the Sag Harbor Garden Center.
* Montauk will hold its first-ever Eggstravaganza on Saturday at 11 a.m. on the Village Green. Learn more at http://www.montaukchamber.com.
* The Quogue Wildlife Refuge will host an Egg Hunt on Sunday, April 5, from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. http://www.quoguewildliferefuge.org
* Trying to figure out where to go for Easter brunch? Pop by Dockers (www.dockerswaterside.com) in Quogue, Almond (www.almondrestaurant.com) in Bridgehampton, Bell & Anchor (www.bellandanchor.com) in Sag Harbor and The Gig Shack (www.668thegigshack.com) in Montauk.