‘Tis the season for getting our groove on!
This weekend marks the start of the holiday parties for many, but there are also several other terrific events on the calendar. There are a few really good film screenings happening out here, interesting talks, a great wreath making workshop, AND (swoon!) an intimate conversation about Stuart Sutcliffe, aka “the Fifth Beatle.” Wonder if Sir Paul will show up to that one?
* The Parrish Art Museum in Water Mill will screen “Four American Composers: John Cage “ on Friday, December 5, at 6 p.m. The excerpt from Peter Greenaway’s documentary project will be introduced by composer Carter Burwell. Laura Kuhn will lead a discussion afterword. www.parrishart.org
* The Sag Harbor Whaling Museum is hosting its first-ever Holiday Cocktail Party & Fundraiser at the Museum on Saturday, December 6, from 5 to 7 p.m. Reserve tickets at http://holidaycocktailparty.splashthat.com * East Hampton Library will screen “Stuart Sutcliffe the Lost Beatle” on Saturday, December 6, from 1 to 3 p.m. The film will be followed with a Q&A with Pauline Sutcliffe, sister of Stuart, and Diane Vitale. www.easthamptonlibrary.org
* Guild Hall in East Hampton will offer a free Gallery Talk with Chief Curator Christina Strassfield on Saturday, December 6, at 3 p.m. Saturday, December 6 at 3 p.m. On Sunday. there will be “Table Talk with Carmen Adriana: How to Give a Great Toast at Any Gathering” from 11 a.m. to 12:39 p.m. www.guildhall.org
* The Southampton Historical Museums and Research Center will host its “Hearthside Cheer” benefit at the Captain Albert Rogers Mansion in Southampton on Saturday, December 6, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. RSVP (631) 283-2494
* LongHouse Reserve in East Hampton is hosting a Wreath Making workshop on Saturday, December 6, from 10 a.m. to noon with Florence Rewinski. Reservations only. Call Joanne Sohn at 329-3568 to participate. http://www.longhouse.org
* c/o The Maidstone in East Hampton will host its annual tree lighting on Sunday, December 7, from 4 to 6 p.m. The event will feature festive activities such as live holiday music from East Hampton High School choir, visits with Santa, cookie decorating, holiday refreshments and more, including a Toys for Tots drive drop-off and non-perishable food drive. 324-5006.