Thanksgiving is nearly here but we’ve still got a few more days to fit in some fun before it’s time to start slaving away over the stove. Here are a few things that I recommend in the interim.
* This weekend only, Southampton Cultural Center’s live radio play version of “It’s a Wonderful Life” will stage on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Directed by Michael Disher, the show stars Richard Adler, Dan Becker, Susan Cincotta, Terrence Fiore, Adam Fronc, Rich Gardini, Bonnie Grice, Barbara Jo Howard, John Hudson, Liam Meaney, Matthew O’Connor, Danielle Shuman, Carol Sjoholm and Susan Wojcek. www.scc-arts.org
* Additionally, this weekend will mark the final performances of “Hamlet” at Guild Hall in East Hampton. Buy your tickets NOW as the few remaining shows will be sure to sell out. http://www.guildhall.org
* In the mood to try new things and meet new people? The Parrish Art Museum in Water Mill will host a Hop Art: Craft Beer Tasting and Networking event on Friday, November 21, from 5 to 8 p.m. http://www.parrishart.org
* For art lovers, Peter Marcelle will exhibit the “In the Narrative Tradition” group show opening at his Southampton gallery space with a reception on Saturday, November 22, from 6 to 8 p.m., and on view through December 14. Featured artists include: Bo Bartlett, Gary Beeber, David Gamble, Gina Gilmour, Anna Jurnich, Ivan Kustura, Mary McCormick, Louise Peabody, Joe Pintauro, Stephen Schaub, Marc Sijan, David Slater and Jamie Wyeth. www.petermarcellegallery.com.
* Need a holiday ensemble? Look no further than Stitch in Southampton, which has generously offered to donate 20 percent of its sales through Sunday, November 30 to ARF. 631-377-3993. http://www.arfhamptons.org | www.stitch–southampton.myshopify.com/
* Additionally, Calypso St. Barth in Sag Harbor is hosting a special shopping event on Saturday, November 22, from 4 to 6 p.m. Ten percent of the sales proceeds will benefit Katy’s Courage. http://www.katyscourage.org
* Lastly, on Monday, November 24, don’t miss the free “I Am!” Young Cowgirls Theater Company preview night of short dance theater, courtesy Kate Mueth and the Neo-Political Cowgirls, at Guild Hall in East Hampton at 7 p.m. http://www.npcowgirls.org | http://www.guildhall.org