Get ready for another busy summer weekend in the Hamptons. Is there any other kind? This week’s Hot Picks include: fundraisers, art exhibits, live music, an author talk, a big garden tour, the TEENYS and more.
* The Stephen Talkhouse in Amangansett will host the Citizens for Access Rights annual fundraiser on Thursday, June 5, at 7 p.m. http://www.stephentalkhouse.com | http://www.citizensforaccessrights.com
* The Watermill Center will host current artist-in-residence Tacy Borg and her “Long Dream” video studies of underwater bodies on Friday, June 6, from 6 to 8 p.m. http://www.watermillcenter.org
* The Next Level Band plays reggae- and calypso-infused classic tune arrangements at the Parrish Art Museum on Friday, June 6, at 6 p.m. Bring chairs and blankets for the terrace or lawn. http://www.parrishart.org
* Books & Books WHB will host “The Race to the Top of the World: Richard Byrd and the First Flight to the North Pole” author Sheldon Bart at the Quogue Wildlife Refuge Center on Friday, June 6, at 7 p.m. http://www.booksandbookswhb.com
* Bay Street Theater in Sag Harbor will host a reception for the LGBT community before the Saturday, June 7, MainStage performance of “Conviction.” The reception starts at 7 p.m. and the show begins at 8. Call the box office at 725-9500 or visit the website for tickets. http://www.baystreet.org.
* A “Rothko Revisited” panel discussion will be held at Guild Hall in East Hampton on Saturday, June 7, at 11 a.m. Panelists will include Ambassador Donald Blinken, former President of the Rothko Foundation; Christophe de Menil, DIA Foundation; Ben Heller; Stephen Hamilton, director of Guild Hall’s production of “RED” and moderator: Christina Strassfield, Guild Hall Museum Director. http://www.guildhall.org
* The Southampton Cultural Center will host an opening reception for “Nature: Variations on a Theme” on Saturday, June 7, from 4 to 6 p.m. The show was curated by Arlene Bujese and includes the work of Deborah Black, Lucy Cookson, Mary Daunt, Janet Jennings and Karen Kluglein. On view through July 12. http://www.southamptonculturalcenter.org
* A “Hail to the Beach: Paintings by Dinah Maxwell Smith” reception will be held at the Southampton Historical Museum on Saturday, June 7, from 4 to 6 p.m. http://www.southamptonhistoricalmuseum.org
* KC and The Sunshine Band will rock the 11th annual Club Starlight benefit at the Ross School in East Hampton on Saturday, June 7, at 6 p.m. The event will honor special guest Russell Simmons. http://www.ross.org
* I’m excited to be presenting at the 12th annual Teeny Awards Ceremony, celebrating the talents of East End high school students, on Sunday, June 8, from 3 to 5 p.m. at Longwood High School in Middle Island. http://www.eastendarts.org
* The Parrish Art Museum’s annual Landscape Pleasures garden tour will be held on Sunday, June 8, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.The self-guided tour includes the gardens of Tory Burch, Joan and Bernard Carl and Perri Peltz and Eric Ruttenberg, Margaret and R. Peter Sullivan, and Robert Dash’s Madoo Conservancy. http://www.parrishart.org