* Guild Hall’s annual Artists Members Exhibit opening reception will be held at the museum in East Hampton on Saturday, May 3, from 4 to 6 p.m. Expect it to be a madhouse, as there is a record-high number of 474 entries this year. I’ll definitely be there, as my “Shine” photograph will be on view. Love this event! http://www.guildhall.org
* Also on Saturday is the inaugural Dance is Now benefit at the Southampton Cultural Center, with yours truly sharing the emcee duties with Ben Avram. The fundraiser, which will be held from 6 to 8 p.m., will feature performances by Danse Arts, Hamptons Dance Authority and Studio 3. A cocktail reception will follow. http://www.scc-arts.org
* Reminder: ARF’s 40th anniversary celebration will be held on Saturday morning, from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., at the adoption center in Wainscott. http://www.arfhamptons.org.
* Attention Actor Friends: Morgan and Tristan Vaughan of Round Table Theatre Company are set to helm a production of “Hamlet” at Guild Hall this fall. Auditions will be held at Guild Hall on Sunday, May 4, from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. and Monday, May 5, from 6 to 8 p.m. http://www.roundtabletheatrecompany.org
* And next week, HitFest will be holding auditions starting on Thursday, May 8, for Shakespeare’s “The Tempest” at Mulford Farm in East Hampton. Auditions will be held from 7 to 10 p.m. on May 8, 15 and 22 and from 2 to 5 p.m. on May 11 and 18. http://www.hitfest.org
* And finally, it’s time for last call for artists for the 22nd annual Water Mill Museum Members’ Art Exhibition is May 5. The show will hang from May 22 to June 16, with a reception planned for May 31. http://www.watermillmuseum.org
Cheers to May momentum!
* “Shine” photograph by Dawn Watson