The weekend is upon us and it looks like we are finally in for some decent weather. Celebrate by getting out and about and enjoying it! Here are a few of the many things that are happening over the next few days:
* Tonight, Friday, April 11, the Parrish Art Museum in Water Mill is hosting Daria Rabotkina as part of the Salon Series. The performance begins at 6 p.m. http://www.parrishart.org
* Alfredo & Jay & Obed perform @ The Living Room c/o the Maidstone in East Hampton tonight (Friday) at 7 p.m.
* Hampton Ballet Theatre School will stage “Cinderella” at Guild Hall in East Hampton at 7 p.m. http://www.hamptonballettheatreschool.com
* On Saturday, April 12, the Parrish Art Museum will host “Architectural Sessions: 5 Minutes Max” with a dozen architects, moderated by Maziar Behrooz. Anybody who has gone to the museum’s PechaKucha presentations will get a big kick out of this fun night. http://www.parrishart.org
* Josh Gladstone will direct a free staged reading of “The Tempest” at the Montauk Library on Saturday, April 12, at 7:30 p.m. The reading will feature: Jessica Mortellaro, Robert Anthony, Terrance Fiore, Tristan Vaughan, Chloe Dirksen, Lydia Franco-Hodges, Vincent Cinque, Joe Brondo, Sawyer Avery, Kate Mueth and Josh Gladstone. http://www.montauklibrary.org
* Also worth mentioning: on Sunday, April 13, Robert Strada will be feted for his restoration work at the Charles Ives Studio at the American Academy of Arts and Letters in Manhattan. It’s invite only (I think) but be sure to congratulate this great guy on his continuing commitment to preservation an restoration.
* Photo of Daria Rabotkina courtesy Parrish.