We might be getting another 3 feet of snow dumped on us here on the East End this weekend, but no matter–especially in Sag Harbor where the annual HarborFrost celebration will bring fire dancers and fireworks alongside the ice sculptors and assorted entertainment.
Mother Nature be damned, there will still be lots and lots of hot events here in the Hamptons over the next few days.
* HarborFrost in Sag Harbor will be held on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Check out the full schedule at http://www.sagharborchamber.com.
* Bay Street Theatre in Sag Harbor will hold a three-day Beatles celebration this weekend, including “It Was 50 Years Ago Today” and “Legends: The Beatles” on Friday; “Celebrating the Beatles” on Saturday with a number of East End musicians performing; and a screening of “The Ed Sullivan Show” appearance by the band 50 years ago. http://www.baystreet.org
* “Coretta, Promise to the Dream” will open at the Southampton Cultural Center on Friday and stage again on Saturday and Sunday. http://www.scc-arts.org.
* Multiple Grammy Award-winner Johnny Winter will take the stage at the Suffolk Theater in Riverhead on Friday. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know it’s in Riverhead but this guy is amazing and so is this gem of a venue. http://www.suffolktheater.com
* ARF is hosting a “Love is in the Air” Valentine’s-themed open house in Wainscott on Sunday. http://www.arfhamptons.org
* “The Family Room” will stage at Guild Hall in East Hampton on Tuesday, February 11. http://www.guildhall.org
*Fire dancer photo by me, circa 2012.